Eco Friendly World - Recycling, Compsosting and Re-using
Recycling is the practice of reusing a certain kind of material in another form. This material can be clothes, plastics, metals or anything else that can be used again for another purpose. Recycling is important because it saves land space and money while creating new jobs. It also saves energy and reduces water and air pollution.
- Recycle Aluminum Cans: Read about the benefits of recycling aluminum cans and how to do so.
- Aluminum Recycling: Learn about recycling and how to start an aluminum recycling program in your area.
- Recycling Metals for the Environment: This 56-page PDF document discusses, in detail, the importance of recycling metals for the environment.
- How Paper is Recycled?: Read about the process of recycling paper and how you can help to recycle.
- Let's Recycle Paper: Interactive website that takes you step by step on how to recycle paper.
- How Glass is Recycled: This page provides you with information on how glass is recycled, including the manufacturing standards and the actual recycling process.
- Glass Recycling – Information on the glass recycling test and other information on glass recycling.
- How Do I Recycle Glass and Plastic?: This article discusses how to prepare and recycle glass and plastics.
- Plastic Recycling – A plastic recycling fact sheet including information on plastic in the environment.
- How to Recycle Plastic – Information on recycling plastic from the American Chemistry Council.
- Plastics Recycling in 4 Simple Steps: Information on how to recycle plastics and the appropriate steps to take.
- Recycling Clothing: Project and craft ideas that deal with recycling clothing.
- Recycling Old Clothes – Some great questions and answers on how to go about recycling old clothing.
- Tips for Recycling Clothes: Information on how clothes are recycled and other tips about how to recycle clothing.
- Freecycle: The Freecycle Network is a community-driven resource that allows you to give and receive for free as a way to recycle with others in your community.
- Green Gonzo: Resource that allows you to search in your area for places to give away your unwanted goods so others can use them.
Composting is a practice that is done by taking your kitchen scraps and making use of them for another purpose. In essence, this can be considered a form of recycling. By taking the time to compost your waste, you reduce the amount that is sent to landfills and contributes to the pollution. Studies show that up to 30 percent of the waste that is sent to landfills is organic material that can be composted at home.
- Composting: Comprehensive site for composting with links to plenty of additional resources.
- How to Make Compost: Information on composting, compostable materials and maintenance.
- Making Compost From Yard Waste: Learn how to make compost from the waste material in your yard.
- HowtoCompost.org: This website is completely dedicated to composting, and is a valuable resource for beginners as well as experts.
- The Dirt on Composting: Learn about composting, the benefits of composting and how to compost.
- Composting: Read about information on composting and links to additional resources on composting.
- Introduction to Composting: This page provides you with a composting guide. The first page starts at the introduction and leads you through to how to compost, what to compost and what not to compost.
- Why Make Compost?: This article discusses the benefits behind making compost.
- Composting: Learn about what composting is, how to compost and the various things that can be composted.
- Home Composting: Information on composting, including the needed supplies and how to compost at home.
- Understanding Compost: This comprehensive page explains what is composting and information on the history of composting.
- Composting: This page provides you with a list of resources, including articles and videos on composting.
- Composting: List of resources for more information on composting. Some of the information includes state web pages and downloaded guides and manuals.
- What is Composting?: This article discusses, in detail, information on composting including what it is and the benefits behind it.
- Compost A to Z: A Complete Composting Guide: Learn everything you need to know about composting.
Recycling crafts make recycling a fun project for both adults and children alike. By turning a recycling task into a project for your kids to make a craft, you make it something fun for your children to look forward to. Not only do your children get in the habit of recycling at a young age, this also enhances their creativity. Recycling crafts can be done with just about any type of material as long as you use your imagination.
- Art from Scrap: Website dedicated to making art from used materials.
- Museum-Worthy Garbage: A collection of artwork that is made from recycled materials.
- Recyclable Projects: Collection of crafts and projects that can be done while recycling.
- Compact Disks: This page discusses ways to reduce, reuse and recycle compact discs.
- Create Unique Envelopes Using Old Magazines: Step-by-step instructions on using envelopes for crafts.
- Broken Tile Mosaics: Information on reusing broken tiles as a piece of art.
- Broken China Mosaic Table: Learn how to make your own mosaic table from broken China.
- Recycling Crafts and Projects: Look through the categories to see the most common household goods that can be used for crafts.
- Crafts from Recycled Products: This site lists various crafts that can be completed by using recycled products.
- Recycling: List of crafts that can be done with recycled materials.
- Recycling Crafts: A comprehensive collection of lessons and instructions on recycling crafts.
- Recycled Crafts: Learn about the various crafts that you can teach your kids to complete using recycled material.
- Recycling Lessons and Activities: This site provides you with lessons and activities to participate in for using recycled goods.
- Recycled Crafts: Look at the various ways you can use recycled materials to make crafts.